Bon Iver fans have we got the contest for you! Bon Iver, Spotify and Indaba Music team up to bring you the Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project – a call-to-arms remix contest. Everyone now has the chance to leave their mark on any one of Bon Iver, Bon Iver‘s songs. Each song’s stems have been carefully documented and given inspirational place-names, and some songs even include previously unreleased parts that were cut from the album’s final mix.
All ten songs will have its own contest, giving you ten chances to win! The resulting remixes will be up for public voting and Bon Iver, with public voting results in hand, will decide the final winners. Those ten remixes will then be assembled as a complete album and released exclusively onSpotify for the world to hear. Not only will winners be placed on the album, but they will also receive $1,000 cash prize! Find out how to join in on the contest at bottom of post! Listen to a remix created by Bon Iver band member and Jagjaguwar artist S. Carey below!
How to participate in Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project:
1. Visit the Bon Iver, Bon Iver Stems Project remix page at Indaba Music.
1. Create a free Indaba Music membership.
2. Select a song(s) and download the stems.
3. Remixers will have from 08/01 to 08/29 to complete their remixes and upload them for consideration.
4. Voting begins on 08/30 through Bon Iver, Spotify, and Indaba Music‘s websites and social networks via Facebook (one vote per account).
5. Winners will be announced the around the third week of September, each earning a spot for their remix on the official Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project remix album on Spotify and a $1,000 cash prize.